Thursday, June 30, 2011

Top 10 Songs of 2011 (So Far...)


Well, we've come to the halfway point of 2011...and in between Charlie Sheen's tiger-blood and the Royal Wedding there was actually some music released. In all fairness I still need to finish two reviews for White Denim and Big Sean before 52 Records will officially be 'halfway' complete. But nevertheless, here are the Top 10 Songs of 2011 in my opinion (so far)...

**I also have all 10 songs mixed down into one 40 minute track -- get in touch if you want it.

1.) Cults - Go Outside

2.) James Blake - Wilhelms Scream


3.) Foster the People - Helena Beat


4.) Bibio - Light Sleep


5.) Toro y Moi - Still Sound

6.) Yuck - Get Away


7.) Cut Copy - Where I'm Going


8.) Givers - Up Up Up


9.) Adventure - Feels Like Heaven


10.) Panda Bear - Slow Motion

4 comments:

  1. I think Take Me Out is better then Where i"m Going. That's my Jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Iver is on a long list of albums to pick up. Haven't given it a full listen yet...could very well be on the end of the year list.

    JBL - Where I'm Going sounds like the Beach Boys on acid so I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foster the People - Helena Beat
    Great name - It really has some Up lifting emotional beat

    ReplyDelete